Kathleen M. Flaherty, CPA
Kathy has extensive experience in providing auditing, accounting and consulting services to a broad range of clients for more than 30 years. Her expertise relates to the following industries: not-for-profit entities, government audits under uniform guidance, low income housing entities including HUD properties and state agencies, residential real estate, commercial real estate and construction, governmental entities, non-supervised mortgage lenders, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers.
Kathy has significant audit experience pertaining to compliance and internal control analysis, design and integration of accounting systems for small and medium-sized businesses, not-for-profit entities and governmental organizations. She has an in-depth knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards, government auditing standards and single audit compliance.
Her litigation support services include testimony in HUD and other legal proceedings, supporting services including analysis of numerous years of financial information, review of claims and charges, and preparation of analyses to refute claims and charges.
Kathy has an in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles and currently serves as the firm’s Quality Control Leader.
CONNECT WITH KATHY
EXPERIENCE & AWARDS
- Certified Public Accountant – Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maryland, District of Columbia
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- Virginia Business Magazine “SuperCPA” – 2012
- SmartCEO Magazine “Smart CPA” – 2009 and 2011
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIPS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Fairfax Library Foundation
- Board Member
- Finance Committee
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting, University of Maryland