OUR INDUSTRIESStrategic Tax Advice for Real Estate Investors and Companies.
As a leading real estate accounting firm in the Washington, DC region, MCB has been serving the tax and accounting needs of the real estate industry for nearly 70 years. We currently represent over 125 public and private real estate companies, including land developers, real estate developers, real estate investment trusts (REITS), private equity funds, construction companies, property management firms, and housing and urban development (HUD) programs.
MCB’s Real Estate Practice Group is led by a senior team of experts which enables us to provide strategic guidance to our clients, while consistently delivering timely, high-quality products. We work hard to earn your respect and confidence to become your trusted real estate advisor.
Commercial Real Estate Services
- Financial statement compilations, reviews, and audits
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Tax consulting and compliance
- Investment tax strategies
- Cost segregation
- Complex transaction structuring
- International tax
- State and local tax
- Outsourced accounting and tax services
- Due diligence
- Litigation consulting and expert witness
- Mergers and acquisitions consulting
- Real estate purchase price allocations
- REO and troubled assets
Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Services
MCB advises clients on the public and private REIT market and investment strategies to promote client opportunity and growth.
- Audit and assurance
- Audits of acquired properties in accordance with regulatory requirements (SEC Sec. 3-14 audits)
- REIT taxation and compliance
- Strategic tax plans
- Due diligence
- REIT business planning
- Valuation and transaction consulting
Connect with our Real Estate Industry Leaders
Client Testimonials & case studies.
“You’re not just a number at Matthews, Carter & Boyce. You have a relationship where you can sit down as human beings and talk business. I don’t feel like every time I pick up the phone the clock is ticking and they’re charging me. I can call them and get advice when I need it, and they do that every single time.”
—Noe Landini, Owner/Manager
“Matthews, Carter & Boyce has always done top quality work for me. I think their expertise is equal to that of any of the big firms. They have a lot of folks who know real estate well, so you’re not teaching them about what you’re doing.”
—Albert J. Dwoskin, CEO