OUR INDUSTRIESWe Team with Not-for-Profits for Audit, Accounting & Tax Best Practices.
Matthews, Carter & Boyce has been helping not-for-profit organizations comply with regulatory obligations, improve financial performance, and streamline not-for-profit accounting processes for more than 70 years.
At MCB, we team with not-for-profit entities to promote best practices in all of the financial and tax areas that affect the entities not only on a day to day basis but also looking forward to long term strategies. MCB currently serves nearly 150 not-for-profit clients, including trade associations, charitable organizations and professional societies.
Our Not-for-Profit Practice Group is led by a senior team of experts who are familiar with the unique structure and operations of tax-exempt entities. We offer a full range of services to nonprofit organizations.
Audit & Assurance
- Financial statement compilations, reviews and audits
- Single audits in compliance with Uniform Guidance
- 403(b) plan full and limited scope audits
- Tax return preparation including review of unrelated business income issues (UBIT)
- Preparation of informational returns including 990, 990-T, Form 5500 and state registration filings
Outsourced Accounting & Support
- Full back-office accounting services including internal operations and controls
- Design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures manuals
- Design and implementation of monthly accounting checklists and procedures to produce monthly financial statements and compliance reports
- Monthly review functions of your accounting and financial transactions to ensure proper and complete recording
- Monthly financial statements for Board of Directors or Audit Committee
- Quarterly and annual financial reports for Board of Directors or Audit Committee
- Preparation of complete audit package with trial balance and supporting schedules to audit firm
- Budget projections
- Cash-flow analysis
- Internal control evaluations
- Accounting system design & software consulting
- Organizational structure
- Investment and reserve fund policies
- Grant funding and reporting
- Cost allocations
Connect with our Not-for-Profit Industry Leaders
THE MCB IMPACT
“Their patience is extraordinary, their responses immediate and their explanations thorough. We have depended on them for over four decades, and there’s a reason for that.”
We’ve curated a number of useful resources and links for the Not-for-Profit Industry.