Our ServicesOur Strategic Tax Planning Services Give You a Competitive Advantage.
Tax Planning & Compliance
MCB has been a trusted tax adviser for over 70 years. MCB’s Tax Service Group Leaders have been recognized as Top Tax Experts in the Washington, D.C. region. From state and local tax issues to federal and international tax concerns, we add value to our clients’ businesses and personal interests. We help you comply with tax laws and regulations, minimize your tax burden and plan for your future.
We perform tax planning services and tax compliance for high-net-worth individuals, partnerships, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. View Instructions for Schedule K-1 Filings.
- Year-end tax planning
- Tax minimization
- Strategic multi-year structuring alternatives
- Business restructuring and liquidations
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Business succession planning
- Charitable giving
- Debt management
- Estate and trust planning
- Retirement distribution planning
- Retirement planning
- Offering advice and litigation support regarding tax laws and regulations
- Preparing tax forms and related filings, such as income tax returns, and sales and use tax filings
- Applying tax laws to financial reporting requirements, including FAS 109 and FIN 48
- Providing representation in Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax matters
- Providing litigation support in tax matters
- Gift, trust and estate tax return preparation
- Employee benefit plan tax return preparation
STATE & LOCAL TAX
- Income/franchise taxes
- Nexus consulting
- Business tax credits
- Gross receipts taxes
- Business licenses and fees
- Personal property taxes
- Inheritance and estate taxes
- Sales and use taxes
- Tax withholding calculations for foreign investors of U.S. entities
- FBARs (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts)
Connect with our Tax Planning & Compliance Leaders
THE MCB IMPACT
“Matthews, Carter & Boyce has been a true partner in delivering results for us; they work collaboratively with our team and are not just a tax service provider.”
“Their patience is extraordinary, their responses immediate and their explanations thorough. We have depended on them for over four decades, and there’s a reason for that.”
“The professionals at Matthews, Carter & Boyce are very bright, creative, helpful and adept at problem solving in the financial area. We’ve been with them a long time, and each of the professionals we’ve worked with has been exceptional.”
“You’re not just a number at Matthews, Carter & Boyce. You have a relationship where you can sit down as human beings and talk business. I don’t feel like every time I pick up the phone the clock is ticking and they’re charging me. I can call them and get advice when I need it, and they do that every single time.”
“You want someone who has the understanding and capacity to go beyond just simple advice in preparing your returns. You want someone who looks to understand your entire picture. That’s what I have with my MCB tax professional.”
Upcoming Reporting & Tax Deadlines
Read more about our Tax Planning & Compliance services expertise on the MCB blog.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MCB DIFFERENCE.
CONNECT WITH AN EXPERT.