Ready to Grow Your Career Somewhere? Grow Here.
It’s an exciting time to join MCB. We’re searching for the best and brightest to grow with us. We invite you to explore the different ways you can start growing your career with us through externships, internships and full-time employment. Connect with us the next time we’re on your campus!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The qualities we look for in our ideal candidates include:
- Recognize the rewards of challenging assignments
- Realize the importance of their work to the client and feel a personal fulfillment associated with this service
- Take pride in and responsibility for their performance
- Strive for continuous improvement and understand the strategic benefit of skills improvement in their career development
- Have a self awareness of the direction they seek in their career
- Accept the team concept
- Receptive to suggestions and eager to share their knowledge and skills with others
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH MCB
We pride ourselves in offering a unique company culture and rewarding client work. Explore the different ways you can start growing your career at MCB.
If you’re a year away from qualifying for an internship, explore our summer externship.
This one-day program can give you the chance to find out more about the accounting profession and see what it’s like to work in a public accounting firm. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Hear directly from all levels of our staff what it’s like to be a public accountant and work at MCB
- Learn marketing and personal branding skills that define our firm’s practice development culture
- Build upon your leadership skills
- Begin to identify your strengths and set goals for life after college and your career
- Participate in presentations and panels on the accounting industry, interviewing skills and more
- Tour our office and get an inside look at our operations
- Interact & network with our professionals
- Attend a firmwide lunch and after-hours externship social event
The Ideal Candidate:
- Rising junior and senior students who have declared Accounting as their major
- Plans to pursue an internship for Summer 2018 or 2019
- Overall GPA 3.0 or better
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Live locally in the metro Washington, D.C. area or is willing to travel to our Fairfax, VA office location
- Demonstrates integrity within a professional office environment
Interested in the 2017 Summer Externship?
We have externship job postings at the following universities. Be sure to search for the job ID’s listed below. Don’t see your school listed? Send us your resume below and let us know you want to apply for a 2017 Summer Externship.
- American University – Kogod CareerSource
- George Washington University – GWork
- Virginia Tech – Hokies4Hire
- James Madison University – Recruit-A-Duke
- University of Maryland – Careers4Terps
- George Mason University – Hire Mason
If you have one year left before you graduate from an accredited accounting program (undergrad or graduate), you may qualify for an internship with MCB. Here’s what interns do as part of our team for a 6-week period in the summer:
- Get hands-on experience performing audit and tax services for a variety of clients
- Work directly with all levels of staff — including principals and managers
- Take part in staff-directed software training on specific audit and tax systems
- Build a professional network and fine-tune social skills interacting with industry in a business environment
- Participate in an intern project
- Attend firm and intern social functions
- Receive competitive pay
- Work a four-day week and have Friday’s off!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Rising seniors and graduate students who are enrolled in an accredited accounting program and have one academic year remaining before they plan to work full-time.
- Live locally in the metro Washington, D.C. area or willing to travel to our Fairfax, VA office location.
To Apply for an Internship:
Entry-Level Staff Accountant
Start a rewarding accounting career with as an entry-level staff accountant:
- As an entry-level staff accountant, you will:
- Have the opportunity to build both audit and tax skills
- Work with complex clients and learn on the job alongside of principals
- Interact and work with clients from various industry niches
- Have the freedom to determine your own career path
- Receive ongoing training and CPE
The Ideal Candidate:
- Possess a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting and have a minimum of 120 hours completed in order to sit for the CPA exam.
- Be actively working towards completing the 150 credit hour requirement and aspire to obtain a CPA license.