We Team with Nonprofits for Best Practices
Matthews, Carter & Boyce has been helping nonprofit organizations comply with regulatory obligations, improve financial performance, and streamline processes for over 60 years.
At MCB, we team with not-for-profit entities to promote best practices in all of the financial and tax areas that affect the entities not only on a day to day basis but also looking forward to long term strategies. MCB currently serves over 75 not-for-profit clients, including trade associations, charitable organizations and professional societies.
Our Not-for-Profit Practice Group is led by a senior team of experts who are familiar with the unique structure and operations of tax-exempt entities. We offer a full range of services to nonprofit organizations.
Audit & Assurance
- Financial statement compilations, reviews and audits
- Audits in compliance with Circular A-133 requirements
- 403(b) plan full and limited scope audits
- Tax return preparation including review of unrelated business income issues (UBIT)
- Preparation of informational returns including 990, 990-T, Form 5500 and state registration filings
Outsourced Accounting & Support
- Full back-office accounting services including internal operations and controls
- Design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures manuals
- Design and implementation of monthly accounting checklists and procedures to produce monthly financial statements and compliance reports
- Monthly review functions of your accounting and financial transactions to ensure proper and complete recording
- Monthly financial statements for Board of Directors or Audit Committee
- Quarterly and annual financial reports for Board of Directors or Audit Committee
- Preparation of complete audit package with trial balance and supporting schedules to audit firm
Â Consulting Services
- Budget projections
- Cash-flow analysis
- Internal control evaluations
- Accounting system design & software consulting
- Organizational structure
- Investment and reserve fund policies
- Grant funding and reporting
- Cost allocations
MCB Not-For-Profit Practice Leaders
James "Jim" Keating has over 35 years of experience working with non-profits and trade associations with compliance and accounting issues. He has an in-depth knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and government auditing standards.
View Full Bio >> Email Jim>>
Kathleen "Kathy" Flaherty has over 25 years of experience serving non-profit and non-governmental entities. Kathy has significant audit experience pertaining to compliance and internal control analysis, design and integration of accounting systems for nonprofits and governmental audits including OMB Circular A-133 audits.
View Full Bio >>Email Kathy>>