DCAA and FAR Compliance - We Have You Covered
Founded in 1947 in Washington, D.C., MCB has been serving the tax, accounting and compliance needs of the government contracting community for over 60 years.
We understand that government contractors face unique challenges in addition to everyday business challenges of winning new business (contracts), securing financing, and increasing profits.
Government Contractors also need to structure their operations for compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 31 and satisfying the audit requirements of the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
We are proud to serve government contracting companies ranging from emerging businesses to large enterprises. MCB's Government Contracting Practice Group is led by a senior team of experts who recognize issues of government contracting clients and bring them to your attention, putting you in a proactive position for compliance and profitability.
Government Contracting Compliance Services
- Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) Compliant accounting systems
- Incurred cost submissions
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 31 compliance
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) compliance
- Indirect rate structuring
Audit & Assurance Services
- Financial statement compilation, review and audit
- Due diligence
- Special purpose financial statements
- Collateral audits for banking purposes
- Employee benefit plan full and limited scope audits
Tax Planning & Compliance Services
- Strategic tax plans
- Tax planning / structuring for future sale of business
- Business succession tax planning
- Corporation, S-Corporation and Partnership tax returns
- Business Owners and Executive Management tax returns
- Representation in Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax matters
- Employee benefit plan tax return preparation
- Sales & use tax
- Gross receipts taxes
- Business licenses and fees
- Income / franchise tax
- Real estate and personal property tax
- Business tax credits
- Tax withholding calculations for foreign investors of U.S. entities
- Review of accounting system for DCAA compliance
- Direct and indirect cost rate structure analysis
- Strategic pricing assistance, analysis of RFP's, and preparation of cost proposals
- Interpretation of Small Business Administration Rules and regulations including minority participation requirements of the 8(a) and SDB programs
- Support for resolution of government audit and compliance issues and contract disputes
- Review and development of policies and procedures related to accounting, contracts and pricing
- Litigation support in the areas of claims, bid protests and investigations
MCB Government Contracting Practice Leaders
Jude J. Covas has extensive and in-depth experience with over 25 years of experience serving the government contracting industry. He works with government contrators in all areas of their accounting, assurance and tax needs. He is a recognized "Top Tax Expert" in the Washington Area.
View Full Bio >> Email Jude>>
Gregory "Greg" Askey has extensive experience working with government contractors as their full service business and tax adviser. He has extensive experience in DCAA accounting system compliance and audits, reviews and compiled financial statements.
View Full Bio >>Email Greg>>