Current MCB Career Openings
MCB has a growing, sophisticated client base. We are a regional, Washington DC area market leader, and have national recognition with investment companies and the hotel industry.
We pride ourselves in creating opportunities for everyone with the Firm. For a new person joining MCB, there is a clearly defined direction and the Firm will provide opportunities to experience success and achieve promotion. In fact, five of the ten current Principals started as staff accountants and have been with the firm their entire professional career. Accomplishment is the key to advancement and at MCB, opportunities can be unlimited. We have a friendly and professional work environment with offices in Fairfax, Virginia.
Immediate Openings for CPAs
- Unlimited opportunity for an Estate & Trust Senior Tax Manager with MCB. Candidate must possess extensive 1040, Estate and Trust tax experience, current CPA license, recent public accounting or estate law firm experience and the skills and expertise to manage and lead a High-Net Worth Individual and Estate & Trust tax practice. We are looking for individuals with 8+ years of tax preparation, review and management experience who will identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of current client needs and target client requirements. Significant opportunity for career advancement and Principal potential for ideal candidates with an established client base.
- Immediate openings for Real Estate & Hospitality Tax Seniors. MCB provides a comprehensive, innovative range of business and tax solutions to highly diverse clients. Candidate requirements include working knowledge of tax compliance and consulting services for the real estate and / or hotel industry. Must be able to produce and review real estate partnership tax returns and investment trust corporate returns. A substantial amount of the work will relate to the structuring and financial modeling in excel of various federal and state tax incentives. Tax Seniors will be expected to perform analysis, research, and financial modeling in support of client strategic and operational initiatives involving real estate and hotel development. We are looking for individuals with 3-5 years of real estate and / or hotel experience; demonstrated financial modeling skills using Excel; detail oriented; deadline driven; energetic and enthusiastic team player. Significant opportunity for career advancement.
- Current openings for Audit Seniors with MCB. Candidates should possess a current CPA license or determination to receive their license in the near future. Ideal candidates have 3-5 years of public accounting audit experience and CCH Engagement software experience is a plus. We are looking for individuals with thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP) and United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS). Proven experience advising clients on technical accounting as well as general business issues.
Candidates must demonstrate comprehensive technical skills of applicable accounting and reporting standards. Industry experience with not-for-profits, government contractors, hotels, and closely held businesses is a plus. Significant opportunity for career advancement.
- Openings for Staff Accountants with MCB. Ideal candidates possess a current CPA license or determination to receive their license in the near future. Candidates should have 1+ years of public accounting or bookkeeping experience, and be proficient in Excel and Word. QuickBooks accounting software experience is a plus. Significant opportunity for career advancement.
- Tax professionals should have 1+ years experience in preparation and research.
- Audit professionals should have experience in audit and accounting; engagement planning experience is a plus.
- If not a CPA license holder, the professional should be determined to earn this certification.